- 1.1 What Are Cookies?
- 1.2 What types of cookies do we use?
- 1.3 How to manage your cookie settings
- 1.4 Turning off cookies via your web browser
- 1.5 Third Party Cookies
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files (composed only of letters and numbers) that a web server places on your computer or mobile device when you visit a webpage or an app. When used, the cookie can help make our website more user-friendly, for example by remembering your language preferences and settings. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We store cookies when you visit or access our Website – these are called “first party cookies“. In addition, cookies are stored by other third parties (for example our analytics service providers, business partners and advertisers) who run content through our services – these are called “third party cookies“.
Both types of cookies may be stored either for the duration of your interaction with our services or for repeat visits.
There are four main types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential to enable you to login, navigate around and use the features of our websites. We do not need to obtain your consent in order to use these cookies. These cookies can be used for security reasons – for example, to detect violation of our policies, identify and prevent fraud, fulfill your requests and to support other security features.
- Functionality cookies These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. The information these cookies collect remains anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity.
- Performance cookies These cookies collect information about your online activity, including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These cookies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistics (based on aggregated information).
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver tailored offers and advertisements to you, based on your derived interests. They can also be used to cap the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by our advertisers (for example advertising networks) and provide them insights about the people who see and interact with their ads, visit their websites or use their app.
Please note that we do not recognize or respond to automated browser signals regarding Tracking Technologies, including “Do Not Track” requests. However, there are various ways in which you can manage and control your cookie settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking cookies, some of the features of the website may not work properly or as effectively.
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third-party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device.
Information about cookies is usually found in the “Help” section of the web browser. Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers:
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative
We reserve the right to amend, modify, update or make changes to this policy at our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Cookies Policy, you will be notified via the Site/s. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Continued use constitutes your acceptance of such changes. Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of the Site or to refuse accepting cookies by using your browser’s settings. The date of the last amendments shall be reflected in the “last reviewed” section of this policy.
Third Party Cookies
We use various products and features provided by Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”).
- Our services use the analytic tools of Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Please note the fact that Google Analytics is supplemented by the code “gat._anonymize();” on this website to guarantee the anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
- You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
- Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Google Dynamic Remarketing
- We use Google Dynamic Remarketing to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. Dynamic remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that “This user visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google Dynamic Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- We use Google AdWords to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google search.
DoubleClick by Google
We use retargeting tags and Custom Audience provided by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA, “Facebook”).
Facebook Custom Audiences
- In the context of interest-based online advertising, we use the product Facebook Custom Audiences. For this purpose, a non-reversible and non-personal checksum (hash value) is generated from your usage data. That hash value can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. The collected Information contains your activities on our site (e.g. browsing behavior, visited subpages, etc.). Your IP address is transmitted as well and used for geographical controlling of advertising. The data collected is only transmitted encrypted to Facebook and is anonymous to us that means the personal data of individual users are not visible to us.
Facebook Exchange FBX
- When you visit our websites with the help of remarketing tags, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is established. Facebook gets the information that you have visited our website with your IP address. This allows Facebook to assign your visit to our website to your user account. The information thus obtained we can use for the display of Facebook Ads. We point out that we as the provider of the website have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and the use of it by Facebook.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
- By using the website, you agree to the data processing associated with the integration of Facebook pixel.
- Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings.
SECTION 1 – AGE RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS AND PURCHASES
You must be at least 18 years old to access this site. If you are under 18 years old you are not permitted to use this site for any reason. You must be of legal age required by the state or province you are in to purchase our products. It is your responsibility to know whether you are legally able to purchase our products.
SECTION 2 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
When you visit our site, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our site. We also collect information about how you use our site, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, change states and other user actions.
Email marketing: By providing us with your email address, you are giving us permission to send you emails about our store, new products, new brands under the BioMD Plus’s portfolio and other updates. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button included at the bottom of each email.
How we use your information. In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current site and products and to develop new products and brands. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Facilitate the creation of and securing of your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Improve our products, site, and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our site and products;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service about BioMD Plus’s and/or other brands within the BioMD Plus’s portfolio of brands;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by BioMD Plus’s, brands within the BioMD Plus’s portfolio of brands and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of BioMD Plus;
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
SECTION 3 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
By providing us with personal information to complete a transaction, placing an order, arranging for a delivery or returning a purchase you are consenting to our collecting and using your information (your credit card information is discussed in Section 4 below).
How do I withdraw my consent?
You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button included at the bottom of each email or contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at:
PO Box 892
Marietta, GA 30061
SECTION 4 – DISCLOSURE
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than with the following:
- Lawful Requests. To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process (provided that we will endeavor to notify you at the address you have given us if we have received a lawful request for your information);
- Emergency. In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- Corporate Restructuring. For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving a sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will also acquire and possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
SECTION 5 – PAYMENT PROCESSING
Our store is built on an e-commerce software platform called WooCommerce that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Payment: If you provide us with your credit card information during the payment process, we send it to our PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway for processing using SSL encryption technology. Your credit card information is stored for recurring subscription orders as well as within my account for faster checkout experience.
All direct payment gateways comply with the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and our payment processors and service providers.
SECTION 6 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Our Policy does not cover any third-party services. To learn about those third parties’ privacy practices, please read their privacy policies.
Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy policies.
SECTION 7 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow generally accepted industry practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Your personal information is protected by your password – never share this password with anyone. BioMD Plus, will never contact you to ask you for your password.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is transmitted to our server using secure socket layer technology (SSL) which employs the AES-256 encryption standard.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you consent to any of your minor dependents using this site.
SECTION 9 – U.S. LAW APPLIES
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you (other than that information automatically generated by your use of our site), register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our customer service team at [email protected] or by mail at:
PO Box 892
Marietta, GA 30061